hey y’ulz. have you ever felt like ‘being creative is not emotionally profitable’? am having one of those days. kind of feel like being creative is ‘highly overrated’ and that i would probz be happier if i was ‘just rich’. feel like if i ran myself like a business i’d have retrenched the EMOTIONS and the CREATIVE depts a long time ago due lack of costs recovered. in order to help make up my mind have done a list of pros & cons:
what life is like as a creative:
Can't separate my emotions from my work y'ulz :(
- u are filled with ‘emotions’ that make you ‘attached 2 ur work’ (i.e. when ppl fuck up your work you cry. a lot. sometimes u have sex with strangers 2 make it better).
- u are dependent on ppl who ‘get you’ for food (srsly – if no one ‘gets u’ you have to do drastic shit like ‘cut off your ear’ or ‘start a blog’ or ‘be in client service’)
Who am I? TELL ME.
- u have people telling you what to do / that you have ‘crossed the line’ / that you need to make our work ‘more accessible’ / what you are not allowed to do (be awesome)
I hate the man. I am the man. I hate the man.
- u have great style but no money to by great clothes 2 reflect your style
- ppl at Caprice think u are weird (h8 you coz you are ‘different’)
Hey can you lend me R50 for a taxi home? My money fell out of my home-made wallet i bought off etsy - soz.
- the bank (Standard Bank) won’t insure you against retrenchment
- ur kids will be obese because of their anger at your substance abuse problem.
My mom is amazing. I love and respect her. Hey you wanna get McD's?
what life is like when u are RICH:
- nobody argues with u even if you are an obese kid who has crossed the line
My mom is my role model.
- nobody tells u what 2 do because you can ‘buy and sell them’
Go on. Fire me.
- if you cry you can pay for an operation that stops your tearducts working & pills that will stop u from feeling (via ‘therapy’)
- u can force yourself on ppl & even if you are a douche they will like u anyway because you buy them patron at Caprice which u own
- u have no style but ppl copy u anyways because ‘you are rich & obviously right’
- your bank sends you Charlie’s cake on ur birthday & grants u a lipo loan all in same day
- everything is totally awesome
- you can do whatever you want all the time
NOT a creative.
What do y’ulz think? Has ‘being a creative’ dated badly? Are creatives ‘the new bottom feeders’? Should I do nightcourses in accounting & ‘finally have some form of control over my life’? Is ‘being rich’ the true definition of creativity (via being able to do whatever you want whenever you want)? Have some srs thinking to do.